Friday, December 22, 2006

Tattoos of the peleton #10




Magnus Backstedt.

He is consistently one of, if not the biggest riders in any race. In this year's tour he was the biggets at 90 kg or 198 lbs. He suffered an injury early in 2006 that caused him to sit out the classics.
2 quotes from his website:

Favorite race: Roubaix...are there other races on the calendar?

Sum yourself up in a maximum of ten words: Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory last forever!

Here are some of his results:

2005
4th Paris Roubaix

2004
1st Paris Roubaix
2nd Gent Wevelgem
2nd CSC Classic

1998
1st Stage 19 - Tour de France

Just the Paris-Roubaix win alone puts him in an elite class of riders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This guy is my inspiration. He's even a bit heavier than me, although he's taller too.

It's funny how every CAT 3 rider, like me, checks the stats of the pros and goes, 'Hey! Backstedt's heavier than I am! I could win Paris-Roubaix! You don't have to be 160 lbs to race!'

Kro