Friday, January 19, 2007

Bapa fast

It's 5:40 a.m. and I'm on the trainer. I lock the cats in the front bedroom, so they don't wake up Tammi and Elora.

It takes me a little while to get the legs warm, but soon I'm spinning.

At around 6 a.m. Tammi wakes up, gets in the shower and then starts breakfast. I start single leg drills to the sounds of the Chili Peppers.

At 6:20 Elora wakes up. She runs into the room with Tammi and the dog close behind. I turn off the iPod to hear Elora say "Bapa, bike?" I nod and say, "Good morning Elora, yes Papa's on the bike."

She smiles and says "Eworwa, up." I think we were pretty cruel giving a kid a name with an "l" and an "r" in it, as they appear to be the 2 hardest letters in the alphabet to pronounce.

Tammi picks her up and hands her to me. I set her on my lap with her legs on top of mine and then I pedal. Her legs kind of flop around a little bit, but they move with mine.

After about 15 seconds, she says "Bapa, un, un" which basically means to go faster, so I pedal a little bit faster and she laughs. She says "un, un" again, and I pedal a bit faster. After about almost a minute she laughs and says "Bapa fast, Bapa fast."

Darlin' if only that were true.

No comments: