Thursday, March 29, 2007

Deny Everything

On Tuesday, Bjarne Riis responded to claims that he had doped while winning the 1996 Tour de France. One of his quotes was:

I truly believe the future is much more important than the past. I want to be judged on the work I'm doing with my team today, and the results we achieve - that is what's important to me.


I like Riis. I like what he has done with CSC. I like that he has given riders a chance when other teams took a pass, see B. Julich. But what is missing from his comments is more telling than what he actually said. Riis did not say "I never took performance enhancing drugs."

What he should have said was:

I'm innocent
until I'm proven guilty
deny everything,
deny everything

I'm being framed
it's all a set-up
deny everything,
deny everything

I'm just a spoke in the wheel
just a part of the puzzle
a part of the game
I'm being framed
innocent until
I'm proven guilty
deny everything
deny everything
deny everything
deny everything



Song: "Deny Everything," Circle Jerks. Riis quote: cyclingnews and PEZ.

1 comment:

Carlos said...

Kinda like McGwire's remarks in the front of Congress... And I prefer the remarks I use with women... "it never happened."