Friday, March 23, 2007

I received this e-mail this week

I received this e-mail this week from a friend of mine from high school with whom I recently reconnected :

Top Riding in Jim's Car Songs (in no particular order)

1) Grey Matter - Oingo Boingo
2) Friend or Foe - Adam Ant
3) Babylon's Burning - The Ruts
4) Rat Patrol - Naked Raygun
5) I Love Living In The City - Fear
6) Lucky Number - Lene Lovich
7) Homosapien - Pete Shelley
8) Ugly - Fishbone
9) Mad World - TFF
10) Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight - Misfits
11) Straight To Hell - The Clash
12) Hungry Like The Wolf - DD
13) London Calling - The Clash


High school. We spent alot of time driving around in my car. And I really do mean around, basically from one arcade to the next or from the suburbs to the city to see some punk band and back again. Mixed tapes were the order of the day, trying to come up with that perfect combination of songs.

My musical tastes have changed some, getting more into punk and metal and then a long stint of Grateful Dead (80+ shows!), Phish etc. and back again. All of it good, but I have to admit that the music that left it's greatest impact on me was when I was 17 years old, just driving around.

2 comments:

Carlos said...

Hungy like a wolf... explains alot...

Kristy said...

MIX TAPES!!!

Growing up in Chicago vs. Growing up in BFE means the difference between a 'riding around in the car' mixtape and a 'riding around on the tractor mixtape'

Okay, so it wasn't really a tractor, it was a lawnmower, but I don't know which one is worse.