Sunday, March 18, 2007

Time

Ever wonder how much time you actually spend on the bike?

From January 9, 2007 to March 9, 2007, 59 days, due to the cold, the snow, family demands etc. I did not ride outside. I think that is the longest stretch of being confined to indoor riding in at least 5 years.

Out of curiosity, I added up the time I rode indoors on the trainer during this period:

Sixty Seven hours.

Almost 3 full days, out of 59 days. For comparison, if you sleep 7 hours a day, that's 413 hours or 17 days of sleep.

Sad, so sad.

This weekend despite the return of cold weather here, I had to ride outside. It is the middle of March and I couldn't rationalize staying indoors. Yesterday, only about 50 miles and today about 35. Cold, especially yesterday, but at least it was dry and sunny.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I'm not so sure I'd call that sad. Impressive that you stuck with it even while inside. You'll be happy for it later. Good job Jim and I hope you see the outdoors soon!