Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I hate the airshow

The Chicago Airshow was this weekend. I hate the airshow. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Issue #1: It glorifies machines of war. Some of the planes are not warplanes, but 90% of them are. They are built for one purpose - war. Not to fly by for the oohs and ahs of the crowd. If they really want to show these things off I suggest that instead of just flying by, have them blow shit up. Then people would realize the real purpose of these planes.

Issue #2: The show is on Saturday and Sunday, but they practice most of the day on Thursday and Friday. Drives my dog crazy. He ends up cowering in the bath tub.

Issue #3: Scares my 2 year old daughter.

Issue #4: Leaves the lakefront in tatters. It seems like events like this bring out the worst people. Can't they find their way to the ga-billion trash cans the City puts out and put their garbage where it belongs instead of piled up all over the place.

No comments: