Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Overheard

Lance Armstrong when asked to comment on the Landis arbitration decision:



I would love to answer that question but unfortunately I'm out of that business. I only have the ability to focus on one thing at a time.

He continued saying that said cycling matters are "just a distraction for me."

I'm here to fight cancer. I haven't looked online. I still love the bike and ride all the time but on the competitive side I'm just not engaged.



Without that "business" called cycling, how many people would raise money to ride with him? Without his 7 Tour wins, how many people would donate money to the LAF?

He is able to raise money for his cause because of cycling. While I might not go so far as to say he owes cycling, I do think he has a responsibility to at least answer the question. Either you agree with decision, disagree with it or fall somewhere in the middle (which is where I am at).


Source: AFP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He dissed cycling. Armstrong's comments were dishonest, disingenuous,disspicable. Of course he has the ability to focus on more than one thing at once. Of course he knows the details of the trial and has an opinion on the outcome. He's just not man enough to say it. The comment is just more proof that the reason the Discovery team didn't continue with another sponsor is that Armstrong didn't want it to happen.