Thursday, October 25, 2007

'Cross Bike

So I "drank the kool aid" and got a cross bike. My acquisition of this bike came about after conversations with Lou at the Pony Shop about why I wasn't racing cross. The first obstacle being that I didn't have bike and not a ton 'o cash to drop right now.

He had the frame, I had the wheels, stem, bars and pedals. Lou also had some other slightly used parts. So its a mix of new and old. Decided to run only a 42 chain ring. Redline Conquest Pro frame, King headset, Dura-Ace rear, Ksyrium wheels, Spooky brakes. First race will be this Sunday. Thanks again to Lou for the quick build.










4 comments:

holly said...

Cool. If you ever want to practice we have barriers and get together Wed. nights just South of McCormick place. See you on Sunday!

Kro said...

Sweet Crossbike, Jimbo!

Jason said...

Nice bike. The Redline's seem to be pretty sweet. Good luck!

Matt said...

Sweet bike! Congrats on the new purchase.