Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ready

I rode the Redline for about 2 hours today. This bike has a weird and yet familiar feel to it. The feel of my road bike with the fit of my mountain bike. It accelerates quickly and is pretty nimble.

I dismounted/mounted about 30 times. It didn't take that long to get used to it, but I'm sure at race pace it will be a whole different thing. I am now leaning towards the 40+ race as it is much earlier in the day.

Plan is to just ride the race and not crash into any barriers or other wise make a complete fool out of myself. If I get out to the course around 9 or so, I'll have a chance to hang out/watch the 30+ guys getting ready and maybe pick up some tips from them.

Bike ready, pit wheels ready, race bag packed, pasta eaten... now it's time for a beer and then sleep.

No comments: