Friday, November 2, 2007

New Found Motivation

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about a lack of motivation for training at this time of year. Long season, temps getting colder... blah, blah, blah.


Now, after getting the cyclocross bug, I feel motivated. This whole week, I've been up at 5:20 a.m., training until 7:00. Excited to get up and ride. Getting back to an "in season" diet, going to bed and waking up thinking about riding and racing.


Even if I never get really fast at cyclocross, at least it has kept me motivated at this point of the year.


Got the Redline back last night, new cranks- ready to go! I have heard that tomorrow's course is shorter than last week's and a bit more technical with a long paved climb. The weather looks to be beautiful, 50s, sunny and dry. I am thinking about doing both the 40+ and the 4s, depending on how long Elora will let me stay.


Congrats to Christine Vardaros for her 11th place finish at Koppenbergcross in Belgium yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately cyclocross is taking away strong riders from the Judson.

Ted

fasterjim said...

Or maybe everyone should be riding cross!

It is alot of fun!