Friday, November 16, 2007

No ride

Last night we went to a retirement party for a guy Tammi works with. He was retiring after working for 59 years. As part of his speech, he went through a partial list of the jobs he had, starting when he 11, the best, the most rewarding etc. That got me thinking about the jobs I have had:

7th grade - Freshman: Caddy, baby sitter
Sophomore - Senior 1984: Fast food place, Margie's in Westmont
Senior: Delivery, Giordano's Pizza, Delivery, Phillips Flowers
Summer: Willowbrook Park and Streets Dept. (cutting grass etc.)
College Freshman summer: painting
Sophomore: dishwasher in dorm cafeteria
Sophomore summer: painting
Junior - Senior: research assistant
Law School: Legal Assistance Foundation intern 1989- 91.
1991 - present: attorney Legal Assistance Foundation

Not that exciting of a list. The best job, well that depends. Certainly the most rewarding would be my current job. But, the best, well,without question: delivering pizzas. When else would someone pay me to drive around and listen to music all night. And we got paid in cash.

I had a few glasses of wine, so no ride today. Got up late and decided to spend the time with Elora rather than train. Lame maybe, but sometimes I feel like she's changing so fast and I miss it.


I only see her about 2-3 hours each day and that's if I'm lucky. She gets up at around 6:30 a.m., I leave at 8, I get home at around 6:30 p.m. or so and she goes to bed by 8:30. Alot of my time with her is spent either getting her out of pajama and into clothes or the reverse.

No comments: