Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A short season

So, that's it... my cross season is over. Very short for me as I got the bike on October 25, 2007 and my first race was on October 28, 2007.

Season results:

Sunrise Park: 26/30 40+
Campton Cross: 20/35 40+
LAN Oak Park: 22/36 40+
Hales Corners, WI: 8/19 40+ cat 4s
Montrose Park: 22/39 40+

5 races in 6 weeks. I scored points in all of the races I entered.

Thanks to Lou at the Pony Shop, Chris Strout, Roman, Josh Mallan, Pete R. and others for encouraging me to try it. I am so definitely hooked. I have been searching for some focus in my training and I think I have found it. If you've ever thought about trying it, do it. If I can do it, anyone can.

The most thanks goes to Tammi and Elora for putting up with me racing so much and my incessant jabber about all things cross.

5 comments:

Dan said...

Looks like we both had a blast on Sunday. For it being my first race at cross I had a fantastic time and I am now hooked. I know I will be seeing you soon.
Let's get that brake lever fixed here in the off season. Stop into the shop and say hello!

Take care,

Dan Rocha

Jason said...

Glad to see you enjoyed your CX season. Your enthusiasm could make a person do something stupid. Like want to try cross next year! ;)

Congrats on the results too.

Roman said...

That was a blast on Sunday! It's too bad the season is over. Thanks to you for the camaraderie this season. Now the real fun begins, intervals and long hours on the trainer, oooohhh, I can't wait!

Chris said...

Man, go back and read my August through December blogs the past 2 years. You're starting to sound like me! Congrats on a great season, I really look forward to working with you next August to get ready for season #2! AWESOME JOB -- I think back to my first year, and I definitely would have bailed if I had busted my brake ... that which does not kill you, makes you stronger ... We still have your tarp, can I get it back to you after Natz?

fasterjim said...

Dan- Be careful, it is addicting! ;)

Jason- Dude, you've got to try it!

Roman- I know, way too short

Chris- Thanks. No worries about the tarp. Good luck this weekend.