Monday, January 7, 2008

This is a test, this is only a test...

Tomorrow I have to do a 20 minute test to set up my HR zones for the first part of this season's trainings. Until I get the power meter, HR will be the measure by which I will train. In the past I've used HR zones, but just based on 220 less your age, not very accurate.

In preparation for the test, I came up with an iPod playlist for the effort. 30 minutes warm-up, 20 minute test, then cool down.

"This is a test, this is only a test..."

Who Are You, The Who
Around the World, RHCP
Droppin' Plates, Disturbed
Wake Up, Rage Against The Machine
No, You Don't, NIN
Better Living Through Chemistry, Queens of the Stone Age
Hit the Lights, Metallica
The Shape of Punk to Come, Refused
The Four Horsemen, Metallica
A New Level,Pantera
Times Like These, Foo Fighters
Auto Pilot, Queens of the Stone Age

The test will begin with Hit the Lights and end with Pantera. My HR during the 2 races that I wore the monitor during was around 165 bpm average with highs at 189.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Seriously? Dropping Plates? Especially that early in the list, you at least gotta' consider The Game, if you're going with something off of Sickness. Unless Elora will be around ...

fasterjim said...

Chris-

No Elora wasn't around, I had headphones on. But... Dropping Plates had a faster cadence and wasn't as long as the Game.

Matt said...

Modified Conconi....good test for setting zones.