Thursday, February 14, 2008

Awake

You hear PROS talk about fellings and listening to their bodies etc. I absolutely believe there is alot of truth to that.

I went to bed last night thinking I would ride if I got enough sleep, but didn't set my alarm because I wasn't sure how I would feel. I can usually guage my body's ability to handle a workout by the way I feel when I first wake up. Alert and refreshed means good hard workout, foggy and slow means save it for another day. The last few days I haven't woken up until 7 a.m., a good 2 hours after my usual wake up time. It wasn't like I woke up at 5 and decided to go back to sleep, I simply just slept later. Even though I was sleeping more, I wasn't feeling that much better

This morning I woke up at 5:15 a.m. No alarm. I thought about just lying in bed and then decided that since I woke up around my normal time and felt pretty good, I should get up and ride and so I did.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I work the same way. No electronic or mechanical alram closk...it's all biological. I woke up a good 1.5 hour later than normal this AM and skipped the pre-work ride. Got in a nice 50-min ride over lunch and a good hill climb afterwork, so I was able to come back.

How did I recover so quick? Co-workers brought in good food - lotsa of breads and I indulged. Gave me energy.

Weird...the brain thinks it knows what it's doing, but then the body goes on stike untils it's demands are met.

Glad to see ya back!

Anonymous said...

I woke up with a boner one time.