Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Down

I am feeling a bit down these days. Can't really put my finger on why. Maybe I'm too busy with work, maybe riding indoors is getting to me, maybe being sick is bumming me out, whatever it is I need to kick it, 'cuz those outside forces don't look to be changing anytime soon.

The load at work isn't going to change, the weather looks cold for the forseeable future and eventually I will solve my ongoing sinus issues. I think I need some racing goals sooner that cross season, because September seems so far away.

With all this snow on the ground now, I'm starting to wonder when the trails will dry. I know it's early to start thinking about that, but we've had so much precipitation that they're going to be wet for a very long time.

2 comments:

Greg Heck said...

I think it is going to be awhile before the trails are rideable. Some of the forest preserves I see on the way to work that are normally dry are covered in a thick layer of ice right now. This has been a tough winter for us cyclist, and definitely has a lot of people feeling down. My main focus is cross, but I have a couple of races targeted for June and August to give me a carrot to chase. Just think, only seven months from today until Jackson Park!!

www.perpetualmotion1.blogspot.com

Super Tick said...

Becareful Jim. It almost sounds like you may be suffering from overtraining. The poor mood, feeling tired, and sickness are classic signs.