Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Finally

Finally got outside this past Sunday and did some nice miles. We decided to leave earlier than the regular group and ride at a more consistent pace rather than the ebb and attack of the regular group ride.

It was colder than I thought it was going to be and never got above 31F, but I was toasty. A good pair of tights, the 851 and the Nike mutt meant only my exposed face was cold.

A couple of guys joked about my 35F requirement to ride outside, but the truth is it is a sliding scale, directly related to the amount of time I have spent riding indoors. Too much time indoors and the temp that I am willing to endure drops. After spedning more than 60 hours indoors in 2008, Sunday was such a day. At least the sun came out periodically to give us the feel of being warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are becoming thick skinned and a true hard man!