Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Overheard -

Cofidis rider Rik Verbrugghe on his 164 km solo ride on stage 4 of the Giro. He rode away right after the neutral zone and was caught with 25 km to go.


It was the first time in my 13 year career that I have made such a long solo escape. It was perhaps hopeless, but at least I tried. To be a cyclist, you have to be a little crazy.


A little crazy... I am a little crazy...

It's May and all I can think about is cross season. Other than the group rides (which are just too much damn fun), every time I am on my bike, I am thinking about cross. Yesterday I put together a race schedule for cross that begins on September 21, 2008. Still 4 months away, but at the forefront of everything I am doing.

1 comment:

Super Tick said...

I'm right there with you. I have a full schedule of road racing to do yet I could almost care less about how I do. Plus our sponsor is handing out our new cross bikes in a few weeks. After that good luck getting me to focus on the road.