Thursday, August 14, 2008

1st practice, 1st ride on the X4


Lou, Cliff, Roman, Starbuck, Alister, Mark and I hit James Park for about 1:15 of tempo, barriers and starts. Of course it rained. No mud, just lots of newly cut grass everywhere. I like, no love the new bike! I'm now in a much more familiar/similar position to my road bike, just not as stretched out. The tubulars were great. I rode them at 36 in the front and 38 in the rear and then will go down from there. The differences vs. clinches were immediate, better cornering, better feel of the terrain.

I have also switched pedals, to the Eggbeaters. Those are going to take some getting used to. I have over 10 years on SPDs. The eggbeaters are very easy to get out of, but I had some issues getting clipped in. I need to use them though because I had some problems with the SPDs in the snow, and you know Montrose will have snow!



1 comment:

Matt said...

Eggbeaters are great.....they just don't last long. Need rebuilding every ~6-8 months or so. My thoughts of late are to have low end crank bros pedals to ride on and pull out the ti's for racing. Dunno if I'll follow through with this though.