Monday, August 4, 2008

Go pelicans

Went to see Helmet at the Double Door a week or so ago. Very good, LOUD and much the same as I remember them from 15 years ago. Didn't find a setlist any where but recognized many tunes from Meantime and Betty.

____________________________________

Boo- f'ing hoo. Anglers are pissed at the pelicans because they can't catch their full limits. I say go pelicans.

____________________________________

Went mountain biking yesterday for the first time since Fall 2007. How lame is that. Roman and I went out to Palos and just rolled around for 2 hours. Nothing too fast. Took awhile to get into the flow and feel of the MTB after sooo much time on the road. But you now what... it's just like riding a bike, by the end I was going as fast as I could. Had some new Kenda rubber and I like it. The goal is to ride on dirt every Sunday until cross starts.

____________________________________

Interbike 2008. Plane tickets- check. Hotel- check. Bike geek saucer like eyes- check. This is going to be fun. Friends racing at Cross Vegas, can't wait.

____________________________________

Speaking of cross, its in the air. Saturday's weather felt like a cross day. Sunny a.m., cool breeze coming off the lake. 6 weeks until my first race. New bike should built up this week, then glue the tubulars, get to practice and go, go, go! My training has been going well. If Judson is any measure, I'm alot faster than I have ever been.

I'm not sure what goals I'll have for cross. Last season, it was just hey this is cool, it's my first time doing it, so let's just see how it goes. This season, though, I have invested alot of time an money into cross. More investment means more expectation. Are top 10s even within my reach? If you look at the 40+ top tens, you'll see some heavy hitters, guys that have been racing a long time with alot of fitness and alot of experience.

No comments: