Thursday, September 11, 2008

Out

Wiped out. That's how I fell right now. Cross practice last night was great. Every week I get a little better. This week's lesson was learning to lean the tubulars hard into the turns, no brakes, just aim and lean and you know what? They held, every time. I'm still playing with the pressure, but I think I have settled on 32-36. At least on the dry courses, like what we have been practicing on. Barriers, 5 starts and then tempo. I'm still not as fast through the barriers as I'd like, but getting faster each time.

Lou with the uber-pump.


I got up at 5:30 a.m. to do the pyramids. This is about as tough a workout as I've done. Basically, you start at 1 minute and work up to 3 minutes at 30 second jumps and then back down- full out for the whole interval and then double rest in between, so 1 minute on, 2 off etc.



With cross practice ending at 7:30 p.m. and the interval workout starting at 6:00 a.m., I did 3 hours of training in around 14 hours. At the end of the workout I was yawning and trying not to puke at the same time.

2 comments:

Mike Sherer said...

Keep up the training Jim, it will pay off. Start the party training for Vegas though. Cya in 2 weeks.

Greg Heck said...

Those intervals Brian has designed give me nightmares, but I know they will pay off in the end. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger?? I hope!?!