Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TJ's Cannondale

I was looking at this article on Tim Johnson's Cannondale, same frame and fork as I'm on, but his weighs only 16.5 pds. with pedals.



My bike is at 17.8. Same brakes, similar tires, although I think the Dugasts are lighter than the Challenges. Most of that difference is in the wheels: TJ runs the Mavic Ultimates which weigh just 1185g per pair and the shifters, he's running SRAM Red and I have Ultegra levers.


My FSAs weigh in at just over 1500g, so that's 315g or about 2/3 of a pd. (1 pd. = 454 g, I looked it up), right there.

4 comments:

Mike Sherer said...

You need some Red and some ultimates. Mine is 16.5 with Reynolds.

BBVP said...

I'd rather have his legs and lungs if those ever come up for sale on eBay.

Chris said...

Make the leap -- even Rival will make a difference, and it's sweet!

fasterjim said...

bbvp- ha. no doubt.

Chris- Got any Red laying around work?