Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold

If you're in the midwest, you know it's been cold. Damn cold. It was -17 when I left for work today. I could feel my contacts freezing to my eyeballs.

I don't mind this kind of cold so much. Comes with the territory. To some extent it makes me feel alive. I like to think this weather makes us tough. Don't think though that I'm out on my bike in this cold, because I'm not. It's got to get to 30 for me to think about riding outside. I just never seem to get warm enough in cycling clothes to go lower than that. Now, cross racing is different. Riding does not equal racing.

Speaking of racing, looks like there will be some road racing in my future this season. Looking at Hillsboro and some others, but no crits. Looking forward to cross worlds, should be a good race.

No comments: