Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New year, first post

A new year, seemed like time for a new post. Nothing coherent, just a list of things on my mind:

  • Elora got sick right before Christmas and of course Tammi and I caught it just after. I've been in sinus infection hell until really earlier this week. I've been on antibiotics for a week and feel alot better. Seems like when I do get sick, which isn't that often, it knocks me out for a long time.



  • Saw The Wrestler. One of the saddest stories I have ever seen. Mickey Rourke is excellent, but really looks like hell.



  • Best 2008 tech items for me: the SRM and switching to tubulars for cross.



  • Planning for 09: new road bike, a pit bike for cross and a cross bike for Tammi. Looks like I will be making "the leap." Minimal upkeep on the mountain bikes; I converted her Bontrager to SRAM in 08 already.


  • Started back on the bike this week. Trainer rides blow. But, I've been here before and I'll be here again. I do like the "nothing special, just back used to being on the bike, high cadence, low power" workouts. Also, have plenty of new metal to get me through.


  • Over 350,000 people have applied to be on Obama's staff. Compare that with the 90,000 who did the same when Bush first became President. 350,000!!!

  • Looking at photos of Chris' daughter, I went and found some early photos of Elora. It's weird, it's hard to remember her being that small.

More later. Happy 2009!

No comments: