Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sleep

One of the best things about being back on the bike right now is that I sleep better. The whole month I was off, I just didn't sleep well. Couldn't fall asleep, kept waking up in the middle of the night. My legs just didn't feel right. Then I'd just be tired all day.

But, now that I'm back on the bike, my head hits the pillow and I'm out until the alarm goes off.

I'm doing these low cadence, as slow as you can go, higher power efforts. These are really hard for me because I like to spin. These workouts have shown just how much i rely upon leg speed, and not strength, to go faster. The only way to really get faster is to generate more overall power and that means my legs need to be stronger. These effort are like lifting weights to the bike.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I totally feel you on the sleep thing. I am sleeping much more soundly now too. What we do differ on though are our cadence workouts, the High RPM stuff he has me doing now is killing me...

fasterjim said...

Hey Ben-

I'm still doing those too. Kind of alternating. I know they're not designed to be hard workouts, but they are!